No products in the cart.
Masks on Gammill
Make 30 masks at once on your Gammill
Thank you to Gammill educator Jeana Kubik for providing these instructions on how to make 30 masks at once on your Statler or Elevate. On her video, above, she also reviews how to make the masks on handguided machines. And, thank you to all of you who are using your machines and your talents to bless others.
This pattern is available free. To access, login to your account at PatternCloud.com. Then, click My Cloud, Stitchers, Copy to Account, Add Pattern. You will then need to sync your machine with your patterns.
Statler users may also access the pattern by copying their starter patterns to CreativeStudio 7.1 as shown below.
For a second option on how to create masks on your Gammill, click here.
- Load 108 wide or wider fabric to quilt machine
- Draw Boundary around quiltable area
- Drag pattern to cad screen
- Float and secure 2nd piece of 108 wide fabric right side up then quilt until the machine get to the pause/jump stitch
- Add 3rd piece of 108 wide fabric right side down then resume quilting
- Remove from machine and cut out each rectangle and turn right side out
- You now have 30 masks to cut apart and turn inside out
- Fold one 2.5 inch by 42 inch strip right sides together and sew into a tube
- Turn inside out and iron. (I use a string inside the tube to pull out )
- Cut in half to now have two 24 inch tubes
- Center on side of mask and sew to sides of mask after ironing in 2 pleats
- Finish by sewing other side of tube to mask and sew all the way to end of tube.
- Turn under last quarter inch before closing
The video featured at the top of this page is part of Gammill’s Facebook Live series.