verticle channel lock
« on: July 20, 2016, 02:23:31 PM »
My vertical channel lock light will turn on but the lock will not engage. The screws on magnet are as tight as they will go and still have space. I have unplugged and plugged back in. The horizontal lock works fine. Any suggestions??

Re: verticle channel lock
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 01:10:04 PM »
When the light is on (channel lock engaged), try pushing on the channel lock itself.  Does it engage with a little pressure on it?  If so, you'll need to adjust the distance between the magnet and the table or cross-track.  The spacing we start off with is the thickness of three business cards.

If pushing down on the magnet with the reduced spacing doesn't allow it to engage, you'll need to check the connections.
Jo Ann Gruber
Certified Statler Professional
Quilted Treasures - Eagle River, AK
Independent Authorized Dealer - Gammill Quilting Systems

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 05:09:07 PM »
Thanks Jo Ann, I did what you said and when magnet is pushed on it does lock. Seems like the screws are screwed in as far as they will go so not sure how to get the magnet closer. Thanks for your help....

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 07:11:02 PM »
Kim,

You need to adjust the spacing distance with the screws that hold the magnet bracket not the screws with the springs. 

(If your machine is a Plus model, you can find instructions on pages 9-5 and 9-6 of the manual.)
Jo Ann Gruber

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 06:25:44 AM »
Thank you so much!!! Success! Now if I can get my leaders straight I will be happy!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 09:45:01 PM »
You're welcome!
Jo Ann Gruber